top of page

Clinical Supervision for the Entrepreneurial Spirit


I started Melton Counseling to provide a much needed space for pre-licensed counselors to begin building their clientele, receive clinical supervision, and gain practical business sense in order to launch their own practices. View my supervision content schedule here.




Supervision with Andy

My experience includes over 15 years training and practice as a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC-MHSP).  In 2018, I completed a PhD in counselor education and supervision from Trevecca Nazarene University in Nashville.  I completed a masters in clinical mental health counseling and marriage and family therapy from John Brown University in Northwest Arkansas in 2007.  I have experience in community mental health, psychiatric hospitalization, integrated behavioral health, church and school-based mental health and full-time private practice.  I am an Approved Clinical Supervisor for LPC-MHSPs in Tennessee.

  • What topics does Andy cover during supervision?
    View Andy's Supervision Content Schedule here.
  • How many hours are required for licensure in TN?
    "Complete two (2) years of professional experience which consists of at least 1500 hours of face to face counseling, 1500 hours of clinically related work, and 150 hours of consultation with an approved supervisor in a clinical setting that provides substantial opportunities to diagnose, treat, appraise and assess mental disorders." More Info
  • What is the cost of supervision?
    - Individual supervision: $95 per meeting. - Groups of 2-3: $50 per clinician per meeting. - Reduced rates are available on limited basis.
  • Can we meet up see if we would be a good fit?
    Absolutely! Text or call 615-669-4105 to set up an initial consultation at no cost.
  • What exams are required for LPC-MHSP licensure in TN?
    Three exams: - National Counselor Examination (NCE) - National Clinical Mental Health Counseling Examination (NCMHCE) - Tennessee Jurisprudence Exam
  • How do I contact the TN LPC licensure office?
    LPC Office Info: Phone: 615-532-5088 Address: 665 Mainstream Drive, Nashville, TN 37243
  • How do I track and report my hours?
    You will want to find a good system for tracking your direct/indirect client hours and your supervision hours. Recommendations below. Your supervisor will work with you to track your hours and turn in this form upon the completion of your licensure phase. Time2Track requires a monthly subscription ($5/mo paid annually or $10/mo paid monthly). It is built for healthcare professionals to track internship and licensure hours. Tevera is used by many graduate counseling programs to track hours and assignments during grad school. Students have the option after graduation to continue using Tevera throughout thier licensure phase. I've heard the cost is $225 to continue use after grad school, but I'm not certain. There's always the good ole Excel (or Google Sheets) option to track your hours throughout licensure. Purchase Excel for $159 or a monthly subscription of $6.99/mo. Google Sheets is free!
  • Where can I find the ACA code of ethics?
    Right here!
  • What are the advantages to obtaining a temporary LPC license?
    - Increased Hireability - You are less of a risk to employers when temp. licensed. They like that. - Time Frame for Hours - You provide yourself a nice 3 year window to complete your hours. - Private Practice Possibilities - When temp. licensed, you may accept direct payments for services. - Increased Credibility - Clients appreciate that you are accountable through the state. - Listing on Board Website - Potential clients can look you up on the LPC board website. - Full Licensure Made Easier - The same information is used for the temp. licence and full license. Therefore, when you're ready to apply for full licensure, the bulk of the work is already done.
  • Exam study resources?
    Book Suggestions: - Encyclopedia of Counseling - Kress & Paylo App Suggestions: - Behavioral Health Pocket Prep Website Suggestions: - (NCMHCE) - (NCE) - (NCE & NCMHCE)

Have More Questions?

Email me at or text/call 615-669-4105

bottom of page